Suffolk County Long Island Periodontal Disease Treatment Alternatives
PerioLase: Digital Technology versus Traditional Gum Therapy
Periodontal Disease can become devastating for many patients. Although nobody wants it…. it nonetheless occurs and rapidly advances, for a variety of reasons.
Gingivitis is the usual starting point and although easily treatable for most patients, commonly develops into a serious disease process.
Traditional disease treatment procedures are considerably invasive with some dental and periodontal practices and can be a painful experience for some patients.
Although Dr. Brant has become established as a popular Periodontist who provides comfort and peace of mind for all of his procedures (read our testimonials) he nonetheless provides a treatment choice for gum disease patients that takes advantage of the most recent developments in gingivitis and periodontitis treatment.
Based on active research conducted by two renowned dentists, a gum tissue surgery therapy that incorporates the use of an Nd:YAG laser (most widely used laser platform in modern dentistry) was developed to successfully compete with the more traditional methods of eliminating or managing the disease process.
Reconstructive Dentistry and PerioLase
Like many dental surgeons who seek to be on or near the cutting edge of treatments that have the highest predictability of success, Dr. Brant has gained access to the PerioLase to provide treatment outcomes that represent the best of possible outcomes.
The PerioLase from Millennium Dental Technologies is a specialized Nd:YAG (Neodymium: Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) laser with the unique features necessary to perform a variety of soft tissue procedures. This particular laser is the only FDA approved laser to treat periodontal disease. This approval was gained because this laser was able to demonstrate true regeneration of the supporting structures of the tooth.
Gum Laser Multimedia Video
The adjacent photo is a snapshot of a Perio-Lase animated demonstration video of an amazing technology that will appeal to patients seeking a proven treatment for treating even the most severe cases of periodontitis.
Click here to watch this interesting video and see first hand how the technology is used on tooth structures and soft tissues.
Questions: Periotherapy Comparisons with Traditional Surgery
- No surgical cutting and no suturing
- Less discomfort than with standard surgery, both during and after treatment
- Treatment usually completed in two visits, with two follow up visits, compared to about 4 one hour periosurgery sessions followed by suture removal and additional check ups
- PerioLaser results are longer lasting. 98% of Laser treated patients versus 5% of perio surgery patients remain stable after 5 years
- Patients can usually eat what they want immediately after treatment
- Recovery following Perio Laser treatment is approximately 24 hours, compared to 2-4 weeks for traditional surgery
- Minimal time lost from work
- Laser Periodontal Therapy is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Coumadin or other blood thinners.
Patients seeking additional information or details about specialized treatment sessions or appointments are invited to contact Dr. Brant directly via our on-line Ask The Dentist form during or after usual business hours.
Dr. Brant can provide examples of how executives from a variety of industries and institutions are provided with a custom utilization of our services to deliver treatment outcomes for nearly any kind of time schedule.